CDCES Discipline Requirement
If you have one of the licenses, registrations or certifications from the disciplines listed below or a master’s degree in social work, you can follow the Standard Pathway to certification.
You will meet the discipline requirement if you have a current, active, unrestricted license from one of the United States or territories in any of these disciplines:
- Clinical psychologist
- Occupational therapist
- Physical therapist
- Physician (M.D. or D.O.)
- Registered nurse (includes nurse practitioners and clinical nurse specialists)
Registrations and Certifications
You will meet the discipline requirement if you have a current registration or certification in the following:
- Dietitian or dietitian nutritionist holding active registration with the Commission on Dietetic Registration
- PA holding active registration with the NCCPA
- Exercise physiologist holding active certification as an American College of Sports Medicine Certified Clinical Exercise Physiologist (ACSM-CEP®)
- Health educator holding active certification as a Master Certified Health Education Specialist from the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing
Master’s Degree in Social Work
You will meet the discipline requirement if you are a health professional with a minimum of a master’s degree in social work from a United States college or university accredited by a nationally recognized regional accrediting body.